What data do we collect?
Investment Circle collects the following data:
- Personal identification information you give us. When you use www.icircle.ch or any of its sub-domains (the “Website”) we may ask you to provide personal information including email address, first name, last name and phone number. As well as information about your organisation(s).
- Information we get from your use of our services. Investment Circle collects information about the services you use and how you use them, such as when you view and interact with the Website or our advertisements. In addition, we may gather certain information about you, including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name and IP address, and the details of any website from which you accessed the Website.
- We may collect your Personal Data when you interact with our employees by email, on the phone or in person and we record those conversations, either because we are required to do so under regulation, or for training purposes so that we can improve our services.
- We may collect your payment information when you choose to subscribe to one of our paid memberships.
- Other users of our services may share information about you. For example news articles or podcasts you are featured in.
- Information from third parties or publicly available sources. We may also collect your Personal Data (such as contact information or purchasing habits) from third parties or publicly available sources.
How will we use your data?
Investment Circle collects your data so that we can:
- Create your account.
- Create your public profile.
- Create the public profile of your organisation(s) and the event(s) of your organisation(s).
- Make subscription payments.
- Keep track of what other users, organisations and events you are interested in.
- In the case of business owners or employees, who open an investment round on behalf of their organisation, to share this data with potential investors.
- In the case of investors, to share relevant investment rounds with you.
- Sign you up for Pitch + Plant.
- To provide you with customer service.
- Email you about updates on the Website.
How do we protect your data?
Investment Circle is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Data. Investment Circle is a “data controller”, meaning that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use your Personal Data. We will comply with data protection law, which says that Personal Data must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Information that we share
Any Personal Data that we collect will not be disclosed to any third parties by Investment Circle and its affiliates, except under the following circumstances:
- When you sign up for one of our newsletters your email address and name will be shared with SendinBlue. We use SendinBlue to manage our newsletter subscribers.
- When you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org your email address and the contents of your email will be shared.
- We will share this information with Beyond Impact and Beyond Animal.
What are your data protection rights?
Investment Circle would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Investment Circle for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Investment Circle correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Investment Circle to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Investment Circle erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Investment Circle restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Investment Circle’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Investment Circle transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are small files that reside on your computer’s hard drive that generally contain an anonymous unique identifier and are accessible only by the website that placed them there and not any other sites. Selected third parties providing services to us or advertising on the Website may also place, set and access cookies on your computer. We do not have access to these cookies and, other than allowing them to be served, we play no role in these cookies at all. You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept cookies, but this can be altered. In addition, you may delete cookies that have already been placed on your hard drive. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling or deleting cookies may prevent you from using the full range of services available on the Website.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Temporarily store non-personal data to improve the speed and performance of our Website.
- Understanding how you use our website (analytics).
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Investment Circle uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website, improve speed and performance of our Website and remember your previously selected preferences.
- Analytics – Investment Circle uses Google Analytics to anonymously track data about your usage of our Website.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
© 2018-2023 Investment Circle